Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bikes, trikes and banana seats

The bicycle show was nothing like a car show.
Before you interrupt me to point out the many differences between bikes and cars and all of the reasons I had to expect the bike show to be different from a car show, let me remind you that this is my blog. Making the points and missing the points are my responsibilities.
 
My first realization that things were different came when I pulled out my camera. Bikes are much harder to photograph than cars. They are like skeletons without muscle and skin. Focus on a bicycle and see every other bike and pair of legs behind it. I needed to focus on the bits and pieces.
 
Luckily, focusing on the bits and pieces was easy. There were more bits and pieces than fully assembled bicycles. That's another difference between a bike show and a car show. Someone can easily show up at a bike show with unrideable bikes. Dozens of them. The logistics would be a bit more problematic with undriveable cars.
 
I also came to the realization that we really don't know anything about bicycles.
So enjoy a couple of bikes and some random shiny bits!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment