Friday, August 16, 2013

Chicken Dance!

I will have a side of victory dance with my cake today!
Our chickens are coming home!
 
What chickens? The ones we had a permit to keep before the permit was revoked because one of my neighbors objected to living next to chickens. So our sweet baby chicks, aged 48 hours old, were kicked to the curb. Homeless. Until a dear friend of mine, upon receiving my teary plea, agreed to grant me an illegal favor. The chicks were hastily driven across town lines to a place where keeping chickens isn't exactly considered legal. And there they lived, for six weeks, smiled upon by the neighbors and doted upon by my dear friend and her children, while I struggled to right this wrong.
 
And last night, thanks to the support of countless friends, neighbors, acquaintances, and strangers, the wrong was righted. My permit has been reinstated.
Our seven little hens are coming home!
 
 
The day they were evicted.
 
 
Six weeks later!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment